SubjectRe: Debugging I/O errors further?
Only idea I have is to unmount the drive ( or remount r/o ) and
repeatedly md5sum the block device and see if it ever fails to correctly
read the data, and if you get any errors in your syslog. If you get no
error messages in your syslog and md5sum completes without error but
does not get the same hash each time, then there is definitely something
very fubar with the hardware or deep in the kernel.

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Sorry for stressing this, but is there a way I can debug this further?
> it's a seagate drive connected to a sata_sil controller. I only get ext3
> errors, and it fails after a while whatever I do
>
> thanks
>
> roy

  Last update: 2006-10-31 14:33    [W:0.049 / U:0.028 seconds]