    SubjectRE: EHCI + APIC errors = no usb goodness

    >Anyway, below is the kernel log from 2.6.16-rc1-mm2 (contains
    >the latest acpi tree, which I thought might help out.)

    I don't recall any boot-time ACPI interrupt configuration
    changes recently, so I wouldn't be surprised if you get
    the same behaviour back several kernel versions.

    if it comes up in IOAPIC mode when "acpi=off", then
    that would be a clue -- but it seems that recent
    systems don't include MPS, and thus when ACPI is off,
    so it IOAPIC.

    That said, it should also boot with ACPI in "noapic" mode,
    and if it doesn't, then that could indicate an ACPI-specific issue
    that may carry over into ACPI+ioapic mode.

    -Len

      Last update: 2006-01-23 23:19    [W:2.943 / U:0.304 seconds]