SubjectRe: libata sata_sil broken on 2.6.13.1
Matheus Izvekov wrote:
>>Essentially that is what happened. Albert's patch simply fixed it
>>another way.
>>
>>ATA is a bit annoying in that, we try to "know" when an interrupt is
>>expected. There is no 100% solution that simply allows us to check for
>>pending interrupts, without side effects.
>>
>>Thus the explosion when unexpected interrupts are received.
>>

> What do you think would be proper fix, this patch from Albert, or maybe

Albert's patch should be the proper fix.

> just trapping the interrupts (plus not have the IRQ shared with other
> devices?). Also, what keeps Albert's patch from making into mainline, it
> just needs more testing or are there any known problems?

Albert's patch needs to be fleshed out a bit more. No fundamental
problems, just the stuff I mentioned, plus a final review.

It also needs to be tested on EVERY controller that we support, since
this is a fundamental change in how ALL sata devices are probed.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-09-22 04:49    [W:0.092 / U:0.408 seconds]