SubjectRe: New SCM and commit list
Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>>If yes, then I would appreciate if you could either keep the same list,
>>or if you want to change the list name, keep the subscriber list so
>>those of us who actually archive it don't miss anything ;)
>

> I didn't even set up the list. I think it's Bottomley. I'm cc'ing him just
> so that he sees the message, but I don't actually expect him to do
> anything about it. I'm not even ready to start _testing_ real merges yet.

When you think kernel.org and BitKeeper, think either me or David
Woodhouse. :)

DaveM / Matti(?) manage the lists (postmaster@vger.kernel.org), but
largely just create them on request from others, and make sure they
continue to work.

> But I hope that I can get non-conflicting merges done fairly soon, and
> maybe I can con James or Jeff or somebody to try out GIT then...

I don't mind being a guinea pig as long as someone else does the hard
work of finding a new way to merge :)

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-04-11 07:57    [W:0.060 / U:0.432 seconds]