SubjectRe: Greg's Decree! (was Re: Linus' decrees?)
Stuart MacDonald wrote:
> From: Greg Folkert [mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net]
>
>>On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 15:03 -0500, Stuart MacDonald wrote:
>>
>>>Recently I ran across
>>>
>>>http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&safe=off&selm=
>>>1033074519.2698.5.
>>>camel%40localhost.localdomain
>>>
>>>Is there a collection point for Linus' decrees?

[snip]

> So what I'm wondering is, is there a location on the net where Linus'
> statements about how the kernel is to be are collected? ie, Where the
> above statements could all be found, with cites.
>
> I'm thinking there's probably other info about the standard way of
> doing things in regards to the kernel (all aspects thereof) that Linus
> has put forth that might be handy for me to know, and I'm hoping that
> there's a handy dandy collection that I can peruse.
>
> I guess what I'm looking for is a collection of linux kernel policies.
> Is there such a collection?

Not that I know of, but it would be nice, esp. for newcomers.

--
~Randy

ObPlug: there is a small collection of Linus/Andrew/et al quotes
at http://www.madrone.org/quotes/linuxquotes.html
and I have lots more queued up for there, but there aren't
enough hours in a day.