SubjectRe: How to understand flow of kernel code
Date
On Thu December 2 2004 8:11 pm, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
> Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna, Krishna, Hare, Hare,
> Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama, Rama, Hare, Hare.
>
> Start at entry.S and head.S in /arch/i386/kernel and trace the
> initialization. It's a good place
> to start for understanding how the kernel boots and follow the code
> through init. Check out
> the userspace interaction as well. It will at least start you with the
> basics.
>
> You may want to offer a leaf, fruit, flower, and water to Lord Chaitanya
> and Lord Krishna
> and chant the mantras in between to ask for guidance and understanding
> (I'm serious).
>
> Interesting trivia. Krishna in hindi means "all attractive". The Greeks
> took the word and
> over time it was corrupted into the word "Christ" which was later used
> for Jesus of Nazereth.
> I lot of people probably don't know his last name actually came from the
> Vedic culture.

FYI, The vedic culture refers to vedic era.

The Vedic scriptures were written much before the books Mahabharatha and
Ramayana.

The last of the vedas, ie, i don't know whether it is the Rig veda or the
Yajur veda, talks about Kristu or Kristo somebody like that, referring to
Jesus of Nazareth.

Maybe you should consult some Sanskrit scholars, before making wrong
statements.

Manu

> Hare Krishna,
>
> Jeff
>
> krishna wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can Anyone tell me the tips/tricks/techniques/practices followed in
> > understanding flow of Linux kernel code?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Krishna Chaitanya
> > -
> > linux-kernel" in
>
> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.065 / U:23.036 seconds]