SubjectRe: [RFC] relinquish_fs() syscall
Date
On Tuesday 30 November 2004 08:43 am, Alan Cox wrote:

> You would probably want a "private" AF_UNIX namespace too. The fact its
> a single namespace for "anonymous" AF_UNIX and the \0 trick is used is
> really legacy unix compatibility. Having multiple such namespaces is
> certainly
> doable. It's the same problem as the shared memory, semaphore and
> message
> queue objects have because they fall out of the filesystem namespace.
> Posix
> has fixed these but very few apps use the new forms.

Looking back at the patched together set of man pages, old printouts, stale
books, tricks picked up from other people's code, and occasional groveling
through the kernel and library sources I've used over the years to figure out
how to program Linux:

Is there a book out there that actually says how we're SUPPOSED to be doing
all this stuff? Which APIs are actually recommended for use under 2.6 and
later? (Does O'reilley publish an up to date version of the POSIX API, with
examples?)

Rob

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.040 / U:0.096 seconds]