SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.10-ac1
Date
On Friday 31 December 2004 04:57, Jan Dittmer wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Thursday 30 December 2004 18:38, Alan Cox wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the reply Alan, I appreciate it.

>>>MCE's generally come from the processor. To decode it you need to
>>>know what CPU and then get the manuals out and decode the bits.
>
>Here is a tool for it: (parsemce.c)
>
>http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/davej/tools/
>
>Though I do not know for which processors it is supposed to work.
>
>Jan

Well, I've played with it some, but it doesn't seem to see the MCE
events that are in fact in /var/log/messages.
[root@coyote root]# parsemce -i </var/log/messages
This file contains no MCE dump
[root@coyote root]# parsemce -f /var/log/messages
This file contains no MCE dump

If I feed it the lines with the numbers it reports something about an
invalid IP on restart.

[root@coyote root]# parsemce -e Bank 2: d40040000000017a -b Bank 2: -s
d40040000000017a
Restart IP invalid.

The exact same output is obtained from the Bank 1 message & numbers
too.

So I think I do not know how to use it. Or the severeity of the
report isn't high enough. The logfile is currently about 1.27 megs
but that doesn't seem to be a problem. I haven't seen any more of
them since I turned off the nonfatal exceptions in .config. The
logfile has several hundred K of samba errors from the plain 2.6.10
kernel.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.052 / U:0.324 seconds]