SubjectRe: PROBLEM: Kernel 2.6.10 crashing repeatedly and hard
Michael Tokarev wrote:

> Peter T. Breuer wrote:
>
>> In gmane.linux.raid Georg C. F. Greve <greve@fsfeurope.org> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, well, don't put the journal on the raid partition. Put it
>> elsewhere (anyway, journalling and raid do not mix, as write ordering
>> is not - deliberately - preserved in raid, as far as I can tell).
>

> This is a sort of a nonsense, really. Both claims, it seems.
> I can't say for sure whenever write ordering is preserved by
> raid -- it should, and if it isn't, it's a bug and should be
> fixed. Nothing else is wrong with placing journal into raid
> (the same as the filesystem in question). Suggesting to remove
> journal just isn't fair: the journal is here for a reason.
> And, finally, the kernel should not crash. If something like
> this is unsupported, it should refuse to do so, instead of
> crashing randomly.
>
> /mjt
> -

I might have missed some of this thread....
but have you tried this on a completely different box? I have seen, and
am fighting some problems such as yours, and having nothing to do with raid.

If you haven't, then try it. You might get different results. Hardware
can sometimes be a dog to chase down, problemwise.
b-

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.068 / U:0.468 seconds]