SubjectRe: OSDL Bug 3770

* Loic Domaigne <loic-dev@gmx.net> wrote:

> > Yes, it does support hard CPU binding - sched_setaffinity
>
> Yes, I believe that /sched_setaffinity()/ offers a practical solution
> to the problem we are faced.

that's the short-term workaround. Another model for CPU-bound RT tasks
is the use of isolcpus. (see Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt)

but that's the thinking behind current RT scheduling: no global sorting
of priorities is done on SMP, but if you know the priorities and the
workload in advance you can manually bind them to specific CPUs.

> But I am eager to try the RT-patchset of Ingo.

this is obviously more experimental stuff, and feedback is welcome. It
is the current 'playground' for RT related scheduling features.

Ingo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.056 / U:2.908 seconds]