SubjectRe: updated: [2.6 patch] ieee1394_core.c: remove unneeded EXPORT_SYMBOL's
Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 06:51:56PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:

>>After grepping through your CVS sources, it seems hpsb_read and
>>hpsb_write are the EXPORT_SYMBOLS affecting you?
>>So keeping them should address your concerns?

Adrian,

A stable API for the 2.6.x tree would address my concerns :-)

There is one thing missing in the module: It does not allocate
bandwidth. This will require at least a compare_and_swap function. I
have not looked into this yet but the required exports for this might be
the "hpsb_lock" and "hpsb_lock64".

Interesting exports ( by looking through your patch ) would also be
EXPORT_SYMBOL(hpsb_guid_get_entry);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(hpsb_nodeid_get_entry);
Maybe they could be used to make the ConfigROM scan code in the driver
more generic and cleaner? But if they will be removed, would it be
better to leave the crappy version with hardcoded offsets in the driver?

I can not answer this question now since I am running low on battery and
I do not have a power cord with me right now :-(

So to keep the current functionality: Yes, only the _read and _write
functions are required.

/Arne

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.112 / U:0.140 seconds]