SubjectRe: 2.6.10-rc3: kswapd eats CPU on start of memory-eating task
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 mr@ramendik.ru wrote:

> - Enjoy :) "eatmemory" will slowly eat up more and more RAM (visible in
> top as RSS); under 2.6.8.1 no screen freezes come, and under 2.6.9 and
> 2.6.10-rc3 they do come; under 2.6.10-rc3 I also see high CPU periods for
> kswapd.

The high cpu use for kswapd should be fixed by applying
the vm-pageout-throttling.patch patch from -mm.

I'll also come up with a patch to not have the swap token
used when the system is not under a swapin load...

--
He did not think of himself as a tourist; he was a traveler. The difference is
partly one of time, he would explain. Where as the tourist generally hurries

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.056 / U:0.268 seconds]