SubjectRe: Re: Kernel 2.6.9 & adm1021 & i2c_piix4 temperature monitoring
How has it been re-worked, is the option no longer valid?

I believe it was along early 2.6.x and possibly 2.6.5-2.6.6 that I tried
it without the option and the machine will shut itself off (due to
lm-sensors/etc writing "their" values for what is too hot, forcing the
machine to shutdown).

$ sensors
max1617-i2c-0-1a
Adapter: SMBus PIIX4 adapter at 0850
Board: +45 C (low = -55 C, high = +127 C)
CPU: +41 C (low = -55 C, high = +110 C)

If I run without the option, the values change to something like -20 C to
50 or 60C, hence, when you compile a kernel it heats up and the box shuts
itself off, with no warning at all, just powers off.

I may be able to try this later this week but not right now, as the
machine needs to remain online.

Justin.