    SubjectRe: Suspend 2 merge
    Hi!

    > > My machine suspends in 7 seconds, and that's swsusp1. According to
    > > your numbers, suspend2 should suspend it in 1 second and LZE
    > > compressed should be .5 second.
    > >
    > > I'd say "who cares". 7 seconds seems like fast enough for me. And I'm
    > > *not* going to add 2000 lines of code for 500msec speedup during
    > > suspend.
    >
    > Lucky you. My machine takes minutes.
    > (To be precise, it prints about a line and a half of dots in the
    > count_data_pages() loop, and often takes 2 seconds per dot.)
    >
    > AMD Athlon XP, 1066 MHz, 768K RAM, VIA KT133 chipset.
    > Stock 2.6.10-rc1.
    >
    > I could really use a speedup.

    Yep, that's O(n^2) algorithm slowing it down. I have fix for it, but
    2.6.10 is now too frozen for performance fix to go in. See "bigdiff" I
    sent to hugang, or wait few minutes and you'll get really ugly diff in
    private email, that should solve it, too.

    [I'll be glad when you report results. It should make count_data_pages
    < 1 second].

    > if nothing else. But complaining that it doesn't annoy *you* isn't the
    > most valid argument.

    Ok, it is the scale. Half a second speedup is not enough to justify
    new compression algorithm in the kernel.
    Pavel