    Subject[OT]Re: Accessing program counter registers from within C or Aseembler.
    A M wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anybody know how to access the address of the
    > current executing instruction in C while the program
    > is executing?
    >
    > Also, is there a method to load a program image from
    > memory not a file (an exec that works with a memory
    > address)? Mainly I am looking for a method that brings
    > a program image into memory modify parts of it and
    > start the in-memory modified version.
    >
    > Can anybody think of a method to replace a thread
    > image without replacing the whole process image?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ali

    The Shellcoder's Handbook is probably the best book out there on the kind of stuff
    you're talking about. Just be prepared - it's written on a rather advanced level.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:4.870 / U:0.004 seconds]