SubjectRe: GPL Violation of 'sveasoft' with GPL Linux Kernel/Busybox +code
Date
Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 November 2004 11:14 pm, Michael Poole wrote:

> http://www.sveasoft.com/modules/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3868
>

>>Post subject: I am a Sveasoft subscriber, can I redistribute?
>>The policy for pre-release firmware is different. You may choose to
>>redistribute only those portions of pre-release firmware specifically
>>covered by the GPL license. Those portions of the distribution that are
>>separate additions developed by Sveasoft as part of a pre-release
>>distribution may not be re-distributed. Redistribution of pre-release
>>firmware that includes Sveasoft's non-GPL code will result in the
>>termination of your subscription.
>>

> So it looks like they are in clear, unless those separate additions are
> derived from GPLed software.

That web page seems pretty clear... some parts of the prerelease are
non-GPL, you can distribute the GPL code as usual. Unless there is aome
claim that the non-GPL parts are derived from GPL original source or
contain GPL code, why shouldn't they restrict the distribution of their
own code?

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)