    SubjectRe: [ACPI] Where do I send APIC victims?
    Date
    On Wednesday 03 Sep 2003 9:08 am, Roger Luethi wrote:
    > As the maintainer of via-rhine, I get bug reports that almost in their
    > entirety are "fixed" by turning off APIC and/or ACPI. This has been going
    > on for several months now. Every now and then, something promising gets
    > posted on LKML, but so far if anything I've seen an _increase_ in those bug
    > reports. Maybe a fix is floating around and this will be a non-issue RSN. I
    > simply can't tell, since I don't have any IO-APIC hardware to play with.
    >
    > Instead of just telling everybody to turn off APIC, I'd like to point bug
    > reporters to the proper place and tell them what information they should
    > provide so it can get fixed for real. According to MAINTAINERS, Ingo Molnar
    > does Intel APIC, but the problems are with VIA chip sets. So where do I
    > send my users? Any takers?

    Hi, I'm trying to develop patches for ACPI IRQ issues.

    Are these VIA KT333/KT400 chipsets? If so, there's a known bug in many BIOSes
    with these chipsets. I'm waiting on some docs from VIA to fix this issue.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:3.087 / U:1.804 seconds]