SubjectRe: please help - kernel OOPS
On Mer, 2003-07-16 at 13:08, Deon George wrote:
> I have been trying some mini-ITX v8000 systems and can get a kernel oops quite
> easily - most times it is to do with making file systems (reiserfs or ext2/3) or
> copying via the network (using rsync). Sometimes it happens when the box is
> booting, and other times it has gone for serveral days before it happened.

I've got a set of EPIA boxes running these kernels - reliably. I would
suggest checking the RAM you used is up to spec first - I had a real
pain of a time with EPIA stuff until I used decent RAM. The stuff that
gave me problems worked fine on some other boards but only at 100Mhz bus
speed on the EPIA.

> I have captured two oops - one when I used mke2fs and one for mkreiserfs (since it
> oops quite frequently when I make a file system). Does this mean anything to
> anybody?

Are you within power budget for your system if its a tiny little PSU
brick ?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.026 / U:0.960 seconds]