SubjectRe: Geode GX1, video acceleration -> crash
Date
Ferenc> Keyser Soze wrote:

> But the real problem is, that I wanted to benchmark the system while
> the scrolling continues, and issued a dd if=/dev/mem of=/dev/null
> bs=1024 count=32768 command. For the second go, the system freezed
> like a good refrigerator. No kernel panic, nothing, just freezed.
>>
>> Try turning off ide dma and see if that helps. You will lose very
>> little by turning off udma on this system and I'll bet you end up
>> being more stable.

Ferenc> I will try it on Monday, as the eval board is in my
Ferenc> workplace. What is the connection between ide dma, memory read
Ferenc> and the hw video accel? The ide dma setting alters the way
Ferenc> /dev/mem is read? :-O
[...]

It can have interesting things in common, but NS won't tell you about
them without NDAs, I'm afraid -- at least that's how it used to be.
I've had IDE DMA interfere with video input, for instance. So asking NS
is indeed the best answer in this thread.

--J.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.045 / U:0.276 seconds]