    SubjectRe: Promise SATA 150 TX2 plus
    On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 02:06:38AM +0200, Milan Roubal wrote:
    > Wow, how is the performance of this cards? HPT PATA controllers
    > was always bad in performance and if it has got SATA to PATA converter,
    > I can't imagine how fast/slow it could be.

    For me performance is good.

    I don't use it in a RAID configuration but with 4 seperate WD 100GB
    HDDs.

    Linear througput is 40MB/s (=maximum of this HDD). And when i copy a
    file from one of the HDDs to another, the total thoughput is 70MB/s.

    I used the same HDDs with a Promise Ultra 100 TX2 before and the
    throughput is a bit (i'd say about 5%) better now.

    MB: Tyan Thunder HE-SL (Serverworks HE-SL Chipset)
    CPU: 2xPIII 933Mhz
    The Highpoint is the only connected device to the 66MHz PCI-Bus.

    --

    Bis denn