SubjectRe: userspace irq balancer
David S. Miller wrote:

> From: Dave Hansen <haveblue@us.ibm.com>
> Date: 19 May 2003 23:36:23 -0700
>
> I don't even think we can do that. That code was being integrated
> around the same time that our Specweb setup decided to go south on us
> and start physically frying itself.
>
>This gets more amusing by the second. Let's kill this code
>already. People who like the current algorithms can push
>them into the userspace solution.

That´s also my feeling.
After having more and more performance loss (at least for my
system/usage) and no real good solution in view to fix the problems at
this location in the kernel, I would prefer to get this thing ripped of
as soon as possible.
By now I do not see any gain with that piece of code (relative to
process/interrupt distribution). And please don´t show me benchmarks - I
know what I feel.
Userland would be first of all the right place to do any further testing.
And please - don´t tell me it´s that complicated to remove this piece of
code from source tree.

Kai.

[unhandled content-type:application/x-pkcs7-signature]

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.103 / U:0.124 seconds]