SubjectRe: subsystem crashes reboot system?
Date
Any chance of making the dying thread sleep just long enough for syslogd to
write it out to the file, then panic? Since it's an assertion, we have a
little more leeway then in a page fault OOPS, for example.

--Russell

On Wed April 2 2003 3:51 pm, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Russell Miller <rmiller@duskglow.com> wrote:
> > Since this was an assertion that failed, one would think that bringing
> > the system down automatically in an orderly - then, if that fails,
> > disorderly - fashion would be possible.
>
> The way to handle this is to make arch/i386/kernel/traps.c:die() optionally
> call panic() rather than do_exit().
>
> It makes sense. It does mean that we now have zero chance of the
> diagnostic info making it to the system logs.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.031 / U:2.604 seconds]