SubjectRe: NForce2 pseudoscience stability testing (2.6.0-test11) - IRQ flood related ?
Do you have onboard ethernet enabled with nforce2
mboard? I am fine with pre-emptive kernel but have
to disable onboard ethernet in cmos setup or I see
"Disabling IRQ7" and problems develop.

-Bob

Craig Bradney wrote:

>Prakash,
>
>try it without preempt.. just to see. As soon as I removed it today the
>crashes went away (for 5 hours).. PC is now up for 2.5 hours and I'm
>waiting to see if it will be 5 hrs or 5 days this time around :)
>
>Craig
>
>On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 00:14, Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
>

>>Jesse Allen wrote:

>>>I just took a look at this, by setting up parport_pc, and yes I get noise.
>>>
>>>This was my first sample with a kernel with APIC:
>>> 7: 29230 IO-APIC-edge parport0
>>>

>>I just did an experminent with a very light kernel, nearly nothing
>>compiled inside, except apic acpi, preempt and needed stuff plus
>>scsi+libata and no ide. IRQ 7 was not present and every device had its
>>own irq. Nevertheless system locked up at second hdparm run...
>>
>>Prakash
>>
>>-
>>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
>>the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
>>More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>>Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
>>

>-

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.052 / U:0.080 seconds]