    SubjectRe: Initio SCSI Drivers
    okay - built reiserfs directly into the kernel rather than as a module -
    system now boots - initio driver loads (though the system hangs for a
    second or two while loading) but seems to be working - weird problem
    though - when playing an audio cd, I only get sound from the right
    channel - cd works fine in my ide cdrom drive - don't know if this has
    anything to do with the initio driver or not - will do more testing -
    thanks for your help Mike.

    RunNHide

    Okay - patched the kernel (thanks Mike) - as far as I can tell, it built
    cleanly - however (comma) now I'm getting a kernel panic at boot -
    "unable to mount /dev/hdc1" which is my / partition - attaching my
    .config - also am using initrd and reiserfs - any tips, hints,
    suggestions anyone?

    RunNHide wrote:

    > Can anyone help out? Tried building 2.6.0-test11 today and, lo and
    > behold, noticed the support for my Initio SCSI card has been removed -

    Could you try this patch
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=107118845311085&w=2

    Thanks,

    Mike Christie
    mikenc@us.ibm.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:3.835 / U:0.008 seconds]