SubjectRe: nforce2 random lockups - still no solution ?

>>Now, in the system with MSI K7N2 motherboard I have a framegrabber
>>(Hauppauge PVR-250) installed, using ivtv driver.
>>I'm able to lock-up the system when streaming uncompressed video
>>(e.g. cat /dev/yuv0 >/dev/null) and the lockups are also hard, w/o
>>debug info. The ivtv driver is using DMA very heavily but seems to
>>work on other chipsets. So these lock-up problems might be rather DMA
>>then APIC related. Interesting is that I've never had such a lock-up
>>when running WinXP on same computer ( :-) seems impossible), even
>>under load and with the framegrabber.
>>

>It can be a too-aggressive chipset configuration triggering chipset big.
>
>Maybe do lspci -vvvxxx and it's WinXP equivalent (I think such tool
>for Win ought to exist somewhere, although I had no need for it yet)
>and compare the result.
>--
>vda

It was local APIC ! After recompiling 2.4.22 without local apic
everything works smoothly since several weeks. I wonder when there'll
be a kernel
patch that really solves these nforce2/amd issues.
Sam

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.067 / U:1.096 seconds]