SubjectRe: ipv6 stack seems to forget to send ACKs
Hi Wichert,

Looking at your trace it seems that the receiving machine is dropping
all packets that do not have traffic class set. Note that all segments
received with [class 0x2] get properly acked. The others probably don't
get to TCP at all. You might want to check your filters and QoS
policies.

BR,

MikaL

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 19:01, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Maciej Soltysiak wrote:
> > I seem to be getting better results than you, i think that it is not an
> > issue of ipv6 implementation but simply the case of time sensitive
> > traffic fighting with other Internet traffic over tunnels through ipv4
> > networks.
>
> Actually, I don't follow this. How could any kind of traffic shaping
> result in my client not sending ACKs, which is what the tcpdump
> seems to indicate? I can understand packets being dropped which
> would result in retransmits, but that is not the case here.
>
> Wichert.
>
> (usual I'm-no-network-guru-and-might-be-misreading-things disclaimer here)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.048 / U:0.136 seconds]