SubjectRe: RFC: per-socket statistics on received/dropped packets
On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Ben Greear wrote:
> If they are useful to some people, and have zero performance affect on others
> (due to being a configurable kernel feature), then what is your
> complaint?

3) Added features and complexity makes it more difficult to maintain the
kernel (you could say this is a variant of 1)

4) Patches that have only a little debugging/etc. value are probably
useful, but mainly for a specific set of people, and this would seem to be
best handled by external patches.

> 1) General increase in #ifdef'd code. This actually seems like
> a pretty good argument, but I haven't seen anyone mention it
> specifically.

Always implied from maintenance point-of-view.

--
Pekka Savola "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy not those you stumble over and fall"