    SubjectRe: How to check the kernel compile options ?
    Date
    On February 11, 2002 08:05 pm, Bill Davidsen wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Daniel Phillips wrote:

    > > > The problem is that it make the kernel image larger, which lives in
    > > > /boot on many systems. Putting it in a module directory, even if not a
    > > > module, would be a better place for creative boot methods, of which
    > > > there are many.
    > >
    > > You don't seem to be clear on the concept of 'option'.
    >
    > Did I miss discussion of an option to put it somewhere other than as part
    > of the kernel? Sorry, I missed that.

    It's a trick question? The config option would let you specify that no
    kernel config information at all would be stored with or in the kernel. No
    cost, no memory footprint. And I would get to have the extra warm n fuzzy
    usability I tend to go on at such lengths about. So we're both happy, right?

    I'd even remain happy if the option were set *off* by default.

    --
    Daniel