    SubjectRe: Update Linux 2.4 Status/TODO list

    VIA Chipset code now handled by Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@suse.cz>

    > 4. Boot Time Failures
    >
    > * Use PCI DMA 'lost interrupt' problem with some hw [which ?] (NEC
    > Versa LX with PIIX tuning)

    If this is a rare version of the BX/LX that has a no fix errata, then it
    will be messy to issue resets to get out of the loop.

    > * HT6560/UMC8672 ide sets up stuff too early (before region stuff
    > can be done)

    I have HT6560 fix some where ...

    > * PIIXn tuning can hang laptop (2.4.0-test8-pre6, David Ford)

    Need more details of how APM/ACPI is dorking with DMA settins by the OEM.

    > * Multiwrite IDE breaks on a disk error [minor issue at best]
    > (hopefully fixed)

    Have not seen this issue lately but that may be because of TF fixes that I
    use.

    > * ACPI/APM suspend issue - IDE related stuff ? (requires full
    > taskfile support that was vetoed by Linus)

    Only the IOCTL method, but the re-write will not happen in time to make
    2.4 release.

    > Probably Hardware Bugs
    >
    > * Data corruption on IDE disks (Generic PCI DMA and SiS support
    > Steven Walter) (sounds like PCChips #M599LMR motherboard doesn't
    > disable UDMA when a non-UDMA cable is used. If you disable UDMA in
    > the BIOS, then there is no problem. hardware bug?)

    Try newest SIS code because it supports auto-dma-downgrade if iCRC's are
    hit.

    Cheers,

    Andre Hedrick
    The Linux ATA/IDE guy

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:6.909 / U:0.460 seconds]