    SubjectRe: Universal debug macros.

    On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Rogier Wolff wrote:
    > Turns out that people will
    > prefer to run the "performance" kernel, and they will send in useless
    > bugreports like "my just hangs" much more often than now.

    But look at positive side:

    1. really few people run development kernels despite the "performance" so
    it probably will be with nondebug kernels.
    2. production kernels get more solid
    3. because there could be a lot more debug points in development kernels
    4. Distributors are interested in shipping debug-kernels.

    You see the part that lots of asserts and debug prints may go.
    I see the advantage, that a lot of them can come, at no cost.

    Besides, if you want to have some assert anyway, then do not write it with
    system-wide macro but make your own or mark it as "included allways".
    Faulty logic.

    elmer.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:47    [W:4.324 / U:0.004 seconds]