    SubjectRe: [Fwd: sendmail fails to deliver mail with attachments in /var/spool/mqueue]

    "Richard B. Johnson" wrote:

    > It ran out of memory. The file got sent fine after I got rid of
    > all the memory-consumers. Looks like a sendmail bug where they
    > expect to load a whole file into memory all at once before sending
    > it. I always thought you could read from a file, then write to
    > a socket. Maybe I'm old fashioned.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Dick Johnson

    Claus,

    Looks like your bug. As an FYI, sendmail.rpms in Suse, RedHat, and
    OpenLinux all exhibit this behavior, which means they're all broken.
    Reading an entire file into memory must be a BSD feature. I have
    enabled an SSH account for you, so you can come in and debug. Richard
    also can get in and will be helping.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:4.233 / U:0.044 seconds]