SubjectRe: config-menus
David Weinehall wrote:
> o Some smaller fixes has been made (for instance, there was two
> occurences of "Frame-buffer support" in the MIPS-port

My reply might sound like a simple nit-pick here, but the ATI
framebuffer is also listed twice when building for PPC. It's
listed once under the Apple OpenFirmware framebuffer listing
and once on its own. They both seem to link to the same variable,
and I _believe_ that it should probably stand on its own (outside
the OpenFirmware level, since I don't think it depends on its
presence).

> "Is this something I'm going to hate myself forever for doing -- something
> that noone will accept, or is it something that could actually be accepted
> into the kernel mainstream?"

I'm sure up for it, if my vote means anything. The menuconfig
is my favorite (it's easy to mentally organize and it works great
over slow links), but it seems to have grown a bit out of control
lately. I thank whomever cleaned up Ethernet a whole bunch, though. :)

--
Shaw Terwilliger