    SubjectRe: HP Netserver & Redhat 6.0 = troubles

    Sergey> We just did buy HP Netserver with 1G Ram and RAID Card from
    Sergey> SYMBIOS and can't get it worked with RedHat 6.0. Can't mount
    Sergey> VFS .... Any suggestions and help very appreciate.

    Which box did you get?

    I have a relatively new Netserver which has two 53c896 controllers on
    it. However there is a problem with the PCI bridges which makes all
    motherboard mounted PCI devices show up twice in the PCI lists, Martin
    Mares sent me a patch for this, but it's not in the Red Hat install
    kernel.

    To get the thing installed I plugged in an Adaptec 2940 and used that
    during installation. I then compiled a new kernel where I hacked the
    53c8xx driver to only look for two controllers (it goes boink when it
    tries initing the same controller twice - in parallel) and now it runs
    fine.

    Jes

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:3.479 / U:0.032 seconds]