SubjectRe: State of USB drivers
On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Michael T. Babcock wrote:

> I used the drivers when they were a kernel add-on to the 2.1.x and 2.2.x series and they
> worked fine for most people for USB mice and keyboards. I don't know about the
> stability of them at this stage though.
>
> Dagan Sgiath wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if anyone has used the USB drivers in the new kernel, and if
> > so, could tell me how well they work.
> >
> > Currently, my machine has a USB mouse, and I would like to use it in Linux.

"Popular" (my definition of it :) devices work well. By that, I mean
things like keyboards, mice, hubs. Audio devices are being worked on, as
are cameras. UPSs and other power devices are being worked on. Ethernet
adapters are on the list, and we're getting some support. Parallel and
serial converters are nonstandard, proprietary, and not supported.

Did I miss anything?

Drew

--
Drew Bernat __ ____