SubjectRe: Odd intermittent PPP error
Thus spake Alan Cox
>> dynamic IP's. The two cases differ largely in hardware, OS version, and
>> distribution. Any information would be appreciated.

>> pppd[495]: CCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

>Its the PPP equivalent of

>"Hello ?"
>"Hello ?"
>"Hello ?"

>nobody home the other end. It may indicate your script didnt termimate
>on a dialing error, a modem problem or chat script error, or it may just
>be the other ISP boxes rely on something like RADIUS and their radius server
>died for a while

In CCP? That seems unlikely since at least LCP should have previously
completed (gotten to Open), right? Sounds more like the other side
isn't implementing CCP, but isn't responding with a prot-rej. At least
that the only way I can think of that this would be likely to happen.
Maybe I'm missing something though.
--
Jeff McAdams Email: jeffm@iglou.com
Head Network Administrator Voice: (502) 966-3848