SubjectRe: Microsecond resolution timers - final word
> * Can you get an interrupt for each bit accepted?

No chance. For various reasons, it's not possible for me to modify the
hardware.

> * Maximum rate, timing from bit to ACK?

60 usec. That's cutting it fine though. Somewhere between 20-40 would
be perfect.

> * Are you going to send a block of data on occasion?

On most occasions, yes.

> * Do you mind blocking the whole computer during sends?

Not at all .. I've been expecting it ;)

> If no interrupt and yes to these two, you could probably
> do with a loop using usleep(20)

Perhaps I haven't quite understood kernel programming as well as I should,
but I was under the impression I can't use libc functions in the kernel?

> You might also want to look at RT-Linux (quite a different low level
> approach)

I've considered it, but it's really not worth the effort. If I can't get
it to work on a stock kernel, I'm not going to bother.

Thanks for the help,
Rob.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.068 / U:0.016 seconds]