SubjectRe: kernel thread support - LWP's
Richard Gooch wrote:
> I once wanted to selectively stop some threads
> in nfsd on Solaris, and I couldn't do that easily. I had to root
> around in /proc to target the individual threads. Yuk. What I wanted
> to do was:
> # kill -STOP pid

The downside to this is that threads must defensively assume you _might_
kill individual ones. Presumably in the Solaris model, they can be
written to be codependent? I'm thinking of things like mutexes and so on.

You could always bring up the debugger to mess with an individual
thread. You'd have to do that for anything that's not a system-defined
thread but a user-defined one anyway.

-- Jamie

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.042 / U:0.556 seconds]