    SubjectRe: AMIGA will use Linux, but Linux has several "multimedia-deficie ncies"
    On 10 Jul, Alexander Viro wrote:
    +-----
    | should take RT-Linux or QNX, if they want RT. <looking at their page>
    | Oh, dear... Looks like marketdroids decided that popularity of Linux means
    | that they should use it and to hell with technical arguments. And managed
    | to convince PHBs. Paint me cynical, but... Methink they are in for a big
    | screwup.
    +--->8

    I don't see that; but I see a lot of Linux types assuming that their
    invocation of "Linux" means that only "standard" (whatever that is!)
    Linux kernels need apply.

    My reading is that the technical types are saying "Linux" to the
    marketing types and the general public because they know that "RTLinux"
    would only confuse them.

    "Linux" is an umbrella, not a monolith. (And this is a Good Thing.)

    --
    brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
    system administrator [WAY too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu