    SubjectRe: Preparations for ZD's upcoming Apache/Linux benchmark
    On 8 Jun 1999 felix@convergence.de wrote:

    > In local.linux-kernel, you wrote:
    > > > Besides, it's (a) optional and (b) localized (doesn't mess around with
    > > > any other kernel code). You wouldn't want it in a machine that wasn't
    > > > a web server as its main function, that's for sure.
    > > Or was a real world web server.
    > >
    > > But how does khttpd compare to Zab's phhttpd work, which is user space ?
    >
    > Do you have a list of URLs of fast web servers?
    > I never heard of phhttpd and I didn't get the URL of khttpd because I
    > missed a few days worth of email. The fastest free user-space web
    > server I know is thttpd from http://www.acme.com/software/thttpd/, which
    > uses select().

    http://www.acme.com - thttpd
    http://www.roxen.com - roxen
    http://www.boa.org - boa
    http://www.zeus.co.uk - zeus
    http://www.fenrus.demon.nl/ - khttpd

    I use Apache and thttpd only right now, and I've used Boa and Roxen. I
    know of people using Zeus, and it's pretty damn fast too. I'm going to
    start beta testing khttpd as soon as I get a free second. I can
    personally testify that thttpd is orders of magnitude faster than Apache,
    but it's a pain to add anything to it beyond basic static content.

    ---
    tani hosokawa
    river styx internet

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:2.639 / U:0.000 seconds]