    Subjecteth0 CU wedged - just prior to full lock
    I've been seeing lines in my syslog similar to the following:

    Mar 30 12:49:27 meteng kernel: eth0: CU wedged, status 0040 0000, resetting...

    There are several entries like this at various times in the day.
    Today the machine froze solid for no apparent reason just after
    displaying the above message on the console.

    The machine is using an EtherExpress 16 (ISA) currently. Is this
    card or driver flawed?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. The machine required
    manual fsck after rebooting, and contained a corrupt superblock.

    Thanks in advance.
    TTYL

    --
    Mike A. Harris Linux advocate GNU advocate
    Computer Consultant Open Source advocate

    The DVORAK keyboard layout RULES! I memorized it in 45 minutes
    and I don't think I'm ever going back to QWERTY!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:5.406 / U:0.120 seconds]