    SubjectRe: NetGear FA310TX/tulip.c
    On 24 Mar, david parsons spewed forth:
    :: In article <linux.kernel.m10Q1Ey-0007U1C@the-village.bc.nu>,
    :: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
    :: >> was just wondering what keeps us from including that tulip.c in the
    :: >> kernel as a driver for NetGear cards. Maybe as netgear.c? I was (just
    :: .
    :: .
    :: .
    ::
    :: >The current tulip driver handles all these various pseudo tulip abominations.
    ::
    :: Out of curiosity, why do you refer to the Tulip clones as
    :: `abominations'? I'm running a few of them in high-performance
    :: network servers, and, with the netgear tulip.c they seem to be (on
    :: the basis of performance and looking at error logs) about as nice as
    :: I would want any ethernet card to be.
    ::
    :: ____

    I didn't know that the tulip.c was 'adjusted' already. I always just
    copy NetGear's tulip.c over the one that comes with the kernel, and
    compile away.

    Personally, I'm with David. NetGear can hardly be classified as a
    'pseudo tulip abomination'. NetGear makes some very high-quality
    hardware, and I like them. Just because it doesn't say "DEC" on the
    chip doesn't mean it's bad! ;) Which is kinda why I'd asked about a
    separate driver. Heck, *my* NetGears don't even have any DEC chips on
    them!

    All in fun,
    --
    Matthew Vanecek
    Studies in Business Computers at the University of North Texas