SubjectRe: netbeui for linux?
Hello James,
You may be interested in the new LLC layer for Linux, it is not integrated
into the standard Linux kernel, but will be once testing is finished. It
includes good support for LLC type 1 and type 2.

You can pick it up at ftp.linux-sna.org, it is included in the standard
Linux-SNA distribution, so you will need to grab the whole patch.

I would be glad to see some one test it. Writting a NetBeui layer for the
new LLC layer should be a rather less painful chore than using the LLC in
the kernel now.

Feel free to contact me if you would like more information.

Jay Schulist

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, pennywis wrote:

> hey, i've been working a bit with LLC and NetBeui (aka NetBios frames
> protocol) lately. i figure that as long as i'm up to date and intelligable
> on the protocols i might as well try to give something back to the
> community.. my question is, would there be a general interest in
> implementing/supporting NetBeui for linux? (all uglyness/sloth of netbeui
> aside, it would make for better compatability in windows environments).
>
> any and all comments appreciated,
> -James
>
> ps- please cc me on all replies to the list, i am not a subscriber.
>

> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.058 / U:0.032 seconds]