    SubjectRe: 2.2.1 and Tulip weirdness
    I have a similar problem, although my interface works, file transfers thru
    ftp freeze at certain point...not in the same spot all the time...but for
    example when i try to upload a 30mb file to my linux box the transfer
    would just freeze at 15mb, at the same time my ssh connection isnt
    responding and theres nothing in logs indicating that theres a problem
    with eth0. Before installing kernel 2.2.2 i was running 2.0.36 and
    everything was working fine. I also recompiled the ftpd client...i
    installed newest wu-ftpd but it wouldnt fix the problem...any suggestions?

    On Sat, 27 Feb 1999, Stefan Bjarni Sigurdsson wrote:

    > I have been seeing the same messages on a router we are experimenting
    > with.
    >
    > The machine is a Dell Pentium II running 2.2.1 w/ a 3c59x card and two
    > tulip cards. This configuration worked fine. We then added a third tulip
    > and had problems bringing it up, the messages appearing frequently.
    > Presently the interface can be brought up and down but while it is up
    > these error messages appear periodically.
    >
    > If there is any data I could contribute then I would be happy to. We are
    > just using the machine as usual, but with the new interface down.
    >
    > Cheers/Stefan
    >
    > Guenter L. Wolf wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I just had something weird going on here. When I came here the machine
    > > (Dual PPro, 128MB RAM, running an unpatched 2.2.1SMP) was writing to the
    > > logs like theres no tomorrow. System response was normal, but one of the
    > > network-interfaces was down, and I was unable to bring it back up. The
    > > logs showed about 30000 lines of:
    > >
    > > Feb 25 09:38:49 xpc29 kernel: eth0: Somethinffffff.
    > > Feb 25 09:38:49 xpc29 kernel: eth0: Something Wicked happeffffff.
    > > Feb 25 09:38:49 xpc29 kernel: eth0ffffff.
    > > Feb 25 09:38:49 xpc29 kernel: eth0: Something Wickedffffff.
    > > Feb 25 09:38:49 xpc29 kernel: eth0ffffff.
    > > Feb 25 09:38:49 xpc29 kernel: eth0: Something Wicked happeneffffff.
    > > Feb 25 09:38:49 xpc29 kernel: eth0: Soffffff.
    > >
    > > Seems this whole thing started with no reason, last entry before this is
    > > from Feb 23....
    > >
    > > Rebooting the machine changed nothing, except I noticed that the The
    > > HW-address of one of the network-adapters (both are Digital DC21041
    > > Tulip's) was set to 0:0:0:0:0:ff. Dont know if this might be a result of
    > > the reboot or whatever....
    > >
    > > Booting some older kernels changed nothing on this situation, but after
    > > swapping the two cards everthing works just fine now....
    > >
    > > The drivers are compiled in, if you need any more information like
    > > .config, System.map or more info from the logs, just give me a call...
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > > Guenter
    > >
    > > --
    > > Guenter L. Wolf
    > >
    > > email: gwolf@ieee.org
    > > ampr: dg9neq@db0lj-1.ampr.org
    > >
    > > pgp-key: 'finger i243@stio1.fh-wuerzburg.de'
    > >
    > > -
    >
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:4.115 / U:0.372 seconds]