SubjectRe: Sparc Linux PTI SBS450S-10704 SCSI controller
On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> > No, this is a brand new board. Looking at the driver; I notice there is
> > a define for downloading the firmware. If I were to set that to zero, would
> > the driver just work using the code that is already on the board?
>
> Yes, but we should also figure out why the download failed. Well- if it's
> this new, it's hard to say.

Well, for what it may or may not be worth, I've written to PTI and asked
them if this board in fact has NVRAM for loading new firmware or not. I can
tell you I am amazed at the amount of stuff they manage to get on one single
S-bus slot, supposedly is a dual CPU card. I think there is only about half a
dozen chips on the entire card and not much in the way of other components.

I remember the old SCSI-3 cards for Sun VME based systems, or actually
originally for the multi-bus, and then stuck in a multi-bus to VME adapter
which was a nightmare in itself, there must have been three or four hundred
components on those.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.034 / U:0.604 seconds]