SubjectRe: Supporting Macintosh FinderInfo/Resource Fork in Linux NWFS 2.0

[David Lang]
> there are some distrabutions that will run on the RS/6000 (I can't
> say abut the MCA ones as I have not tried it). yellowdog linux will
> run on some of the RS/6000's

Only two or three newer models, the CHRP-based ones. Even the RSes we
bought two years or so ago are PReP and do not run Linux. For some
reason IBM doesn't seem all that interested in helping anyone keep
their older machines from becoming obsolete....

There are *a* *lot* of old RS/6000s out there (using POWER, POWER2 and
various PowerPCs) and many if not most of these are Micro Channel. At
one point a project existed to port Linux to some or all of these, but
I haven't heard anything about it for quite awhile.

Peter

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.047 / U:1.296 seconds]