    SubjectRe: 1.3.100: My notes, as usual
    Date
    In article <199605122039.WAA26428@wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at>,
    Herbert Rosmanith <herp@wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at> wrote:

    >> Minor thing: Is it necessary to include math_emu.h in
    >> asm-i386/processor.h unconditionally. Isn't math emulation
    >> configurable, or is that file used outside the emulator? Sounds a bit
    >> broken, too.
    >
    >I wonder if a kernel, that has math-emu configured, makes use of the
    >emulation, when it detects the co-prozessor at bootup time. Maybe it
    >throws out the emulation then ? I think, the math-emu code could
    >probably be built as a module (yet I have no idea how to rewrite it :)

    No on both counts. The Linux kernel currently has no facility for
    throwing out compiled code (it would require at least as and ld
    hacks.) Nor could it be built as a module, since there is no way to
    get to the point where it could be inserted.

    -hpa

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:7.805 / U:0.652 seconds]