SubjectRe: local_config.h

Something like this is a good idea. Right now, I have several saved .config
images (one for my laptop, one for my work computer, one for my home
computer, one for make-all-modules, and a few others), and I have several
corresponding install scripts (e.g. copy to /dosc/linux after rdev-ing).

Until the kernel is completely modular, if ever (and it would need to
support things like differences in APM or other settings), I need to do
several remakes.

I also need to patch in a custom config for the AHA152X driver. If this
could be included as a /etc/local.config (integrated as part of the
config) it would allow me to remove the patch.

For now, the config already says (NEW), and a make confignew would help
that, and something that would also set this flag if modules are now an
option (maybe y v.s. Y for tristate y v.s. binary Y).

Alternately, an /etc/kernel.config, like /etc/soundconfig might also
help, and could be saved by an autoconfig system.

zerucha@shell.portal.com
finger zerucha@jobe.portal.com for PGP key

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.201 / U:0.028 seconds]