SubjectRe: VGA/Console stuff

> > Is there an easy kernel internal for determining the _physical_ scan lines
> > in the current video mode? (video_scan_lines is computed as
> > video_font_height * video_num_lines, it has no physical significance.)
> > Working on a console-beautification patch, needs to know if
> > physical_scan_lines%video_font_height==0.
> >

> If that information was available, we would use it! However, losing a
> couple of scans at the bottom is usually no biggie; the opposite is
> bad, though.

Here's the trick - those extra few scans are picking up stray text from
the console buffer and displaying their "top half". I could just patch to
unconditionally overwrite an extra line every time the console is
cleared/scrolled... but that seems lees than optimal...

Adam
--
He feeds on ashes; a deluded mind has led him Adam Bradley, UNCA Senior
astray, and he cannot deliver himself or say, Computer Science

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:6.368 / U:0.032 seconds]