SubjectLinux 5.3-rc1
It's been two weeks, and the merge window is over, and Linux 5.3-rc1
is tagged and pushed out.

This is a pretty big release, judging by the commit count. Not the
biggest ever (that honor still goes to 4.9-rc1, which was
exceptionally big), and we've had a couple of comparable ones (4.12,
4.15 and 4.19 were also big merge windows), but it's definitely up
there.

The merge window also started out pretty painfully, with me hitting a
couple of bugs in the first couple of days. That's never a good sign,
since I don't tend to do anything particularly odd, and if I hit bugs
it means code wasn't tested well enough. In one case it was due to me
using a simplified configuration that hadn't been tested, and caused
an odd issue to show up - it happens. But in the other case, it really
was code that was too recent and too rough and hadn't baked enough.
The first got fixed, the second just got reverted.

Anyway, despite the rocky start, and the big size, things mostly
smoothed out towards the end of the merge window. And there's a lot to
like in 5.3. Too much to do the shortlog with individual commits, of
course, so appended is the usual "mergelog" of people I merged from
and a one-liner very high-level "what got merged". For more detail,
you should go check the git tree.

As always: the people credited below are just the people I pull from,
there's about 1600 individual developers (for 12500+ non-merge
commits) in this merge window.

Go test,

Linus

---

Al Viro (5):
vfs mount updates
adfs updates
misc vfs updates
dcache and mountpoint updates
vfs documentation typo fix

Alex Williamson (1):
VFIO updates

Alexandre Belloni (1):
RTC updates

Andreas Gruenbacher (1):
gfs2 updates

Andrew Morton (3):
updates
more updates
yet more updates

Andy Shevchenko (2):
x86 platform driver updates
another x86 platform driver update

Arnd Bergmann (1):
asm-generic updates

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz (1):
fbdev updates

Benson Leung (1):
chrome platform updates

Bjorn Andersson (3):
rpmsg updates
remoteproc updates
hwspinlock updates

Bjorn Helgaas (1):
PCI updates

Boris Brezillon (1):
ic3 updates

Bruce Fields (1):
nfsd updates

Catalin Marinas (1):
arm64 updates

Christian Brauner (3):
pidfd updates
clone3 system call
pidfd and clone3 fixes

Christoph Hellwig (2):
dma-mapping updates
dma-mapping fixes

Corey Minyard (1):
IPMI updates

Dan Williams (2):
libnvdimm updates
dax updates

Daniel Vetter (1):
drm fixes

Darrick Wong (6):
iomap updates
copy_file_range updates
common SETFLAGS/FSSETXATTR parameter checking
xfs updates
xfs cleanups
iomap split/cleanup

Dave Airlie (1):
drm updates

David Howells (5):
misc keyring updates
request_key improvements
keyring namespacing
keyring ACL support
afs updates

David Miller (5):
networking updates
IDE update
networking fixes
sparc updates
networking fixes

David Sterba (1):
btrfs updates

David Teigland (1):
dlm updates

Denis Efremov (1):
floppy ioctl verification fixes

Dennis Zhou (1):
percpu updates

Dmitry Torokhov (2):
input updates
more input updates

Dominique Martinet (1):
9p updates

Eric Biederman (1):
force_sig() argument change

Eric Biggers (1):
fscrypt updates

Geert Uytterhoeven (2):
m68k updates
m68k fix

Greg KH (5):
char / misc driver updates
staging and IIO driver updates
tty / serial driver updates
USB / PHY updates
driver core and debugfs updates

Greg Ungerer (1):
m68nommu updates

Guenter Roeck (1):
hwmon updates

Guo Ren (1):
arch/csky updates

Helge Deller (2):
parisc updates
parisc fixes

Herbert Xu (2):
crypto updates
crypto fixes

Ilya Dryomov (1):
ceph updates

Ingo Molnar (17):
RCU updates
locking updates
RAS updates
scheduler updates
x86 asm updates
x86 build updates
x86 cache resource control update
x86 cleanups
x86 AVX512 status update
x86 paravirt updates
x86 platform updates
x86 topology updates
perf updates
scheduler fix
x86 fix
locking fix
perf fixes

Jacek Anaszewski (1):
LED updates

Jaegeuk Kim (1):
f2fs updates

James Bottomley (3):
SCSI updates
SCSI scatter-gather list updates
SCSI fixes

James Morris (1):
capabilities update

Jan Kara (2):
fsnotify updates
ext2, udf and quota updates

Jarkko Sakkinen (1):
tpm updates

Jason Gunthorpe (2):
HMM updates
rdma updates

Jassi Brar (1):
mailbox updates

Jeff Layton (1):
file locking updates

Jens Axboe (4):
block updates
libata updates
io_uring updates
more block updates

Jessica Yu (1):
module updates

Jiri Kosina (2):
livepatching updates
HID updates

Joerg Roedel (1):
iommu updates

Jon Mason (1):
NTB updates

Jonathan Corbet (1):
Documentation updates

Juergen Gross (1):
xen updates

Kees Cook (2):
pstore updates
security/loadpin updates

Kirill Smelkov (1):
stream_open() updates

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk (1):
swiotlb updates

Lee Jones (2):
MFD updates
backlight updates

Ley Foon Tan (1):
arch/nios2 updates

Linus Walleij (3):
GPIO updates
pin control updates
GPIO fixes

Mark Brown (3):
regmap updates
regulator updates
spi updates

Masahiro Yamada (3):
Kbuild updates
Kconfig updates
more Kbuild updates

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (2):
media updates
rst conversion of docs

Max Filippov (1):
Xtensa updates

Micah Morton (1):
safesetid updates

Michael Ellerman (1):
powerpc updates

Michael Tsirkin (1):
virtio, vhost updates

Mike Marshall (1):
orangefs updates

Mike Snitzer (2):
device mapper updates
more device mapper updates

Mimi Zohar (1):
integrity updates

Miquel Raynal (1):
MTD updates

Olof Johansson (4):
ARM SoC platform updates
ARM SoC-related driver updates
ARM Devicetree updates
ARM SoC defconfig updates

Paolo Bonzini (2):
KVM updates
more KVM updates

Paul Burton (1):
MIPS updates

Paul Moore (2):
audit updates
selinux updates

Paul Walmsley (1):
RISC-V updates

Petr Mladek (1):
printk updates

Rafael Wysocki (6):
power management updates
ACPI updates
device properties framework updates
ACPI fix
more ACPI updates
more power management updates

Richard Weinberger (2):
UML updates
UBIFS updates

Rob Herring (2):
Devicetree updates
Devicetree fixes

Russell King (1):
ARM updates

Sasha Levin (1):
hyper-v updates

Sebastian Reichel (1):
power supply and reset updates

Shuah Khan (1):
Kselftest updates

Stephen Boyd (1):
clk updates

Steve French (2):
cifs updates
cifs fixes

Steven Rostedt (2):
tracing updates
tracing fix

Takashi Iwai (2):
sound updates
sound fixes

Ted Ts'o (1):
ext4 updates

Tejun Heo (2):
workqueue updates
cgroup updates

Thierry Reding (1):
pwm updates

Thomas Gleixner (22):
debugobjects updates
Reed-Solomon library updates
SMP/hotplug updates
irq updates
timer updates
x96 apic updates
x86 vsyscall updates
x86 FPU updates
x86 CPU feature updates
x86 timer updates
x86 pti updates
x86 boot updates
x865 kdump updates
irq fixes
stacktrace fix
timer fixes
x86 fixes
CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT stub config
smp fix
core fixes
perf tooling updates
x86 fixes

Tony Luck (1):
EDAC updates

Trond Myklebust (1):
NFS client updates

Tyler Hicks (1):
eCryptfs updates

Ulf Hansson (1):
MMC updates

Vasily Gorbik (2):
s390 updates
more s390 updates

Vineet Gupta (1):
ARC updates

Vinod Koul (1):
dmaengine updates

Wim Van Sebroeck (1):
watchdog updates

Wolfram Sang (1):
i2c updates

Yoshinori Sato (2):
SH updates
h8300 update

Zhang Rui (1):
thermal management updates

  Last update: 2019-07-21 23:35    [W:0.118 / U:0.068 seconds]